Saturday, July 17, 2010

Is it effective to study 2 or more languages at the same time?

Learning a target language with an explanation in a language that we already know is an effective approach to learning two languages simultaneously

I occasionally watch Chinese lessons in French on the CCTV: the Chinese TV channel. Thanks to the situations they present with French subtitles, dialogues from daily life can make me feel as if I were really there. After watching a short dialogue, an instructor explains the details or annotations in French so I get familiar with the basic phrases and their social and cultural context. Then she or he explains the grammar used in the dialogue and shows other similar phrases containing different basic words. These exercises are also helpful.
Next time, I will try to watch more difficult content such as Chinese TV dramas with French subtitles on the CCTV.

Corrected April 20, 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home