Saturday, July 10, 2010

Marcel Mule's Last Interview, 1990, Interview 2

Marcel Mule's Last Interview, 1990, Interview
Interviewed By David J. Gibson
This never before published interview with Marcel Mule was recorded April 18, 1990, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Mule’s home in Sanary, France. Marcel Mule was 89 years young. He answered my questions with energy and enthusiasm as I asked the questions in English and he answered them in French.

My comment
After having read this article, I was very impressed with what this great saxophonist had done for us.
As for me, I did not place or get awarded a prize to be able to graduate from the Paris Conservatory in 1988. There were three imposed pieces from "Concour de Prix" (somewhat of a graduate examination), which included contemporary music. I disliked this kind of music. So, I did not study or practice it very well. As he said in this article, players must be able to play a great piece, like Mozart's, marvelously to the public.

corrected,
July 15, 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home